Finding the right influencers in Canada can be quite a challenge – it’s just a big market! On the other hand, working with Canadian influencers might be a good way to reach your audience: 36% of responding Canadians said they were following celebrities on social media, while 51% said they followed vloggers.¹
To make it easier for you, we have listed the biggest influencers in Canada – together with a step-by-step guide on how to find more local influencers on Instagram and TikTok. Here we go!
Top 15 Canadian influencers on Instagram
1. Leito (@behzadleito) – 4.2M followers
2. PSL (@pslwave) – 4.1M followers
3. Justin Trudeau (@justinpjtrudeau) – 4.1M followers
4. Toronto Raptors (@raptors) – 3.8M followers
5. Nick Eh 30 (@ nickeh30) – 3.3M followers
6. Alina (@makeupbyalinna) – 2.4M followers
7. Laura (@loewhaley) – 2.3M followers
8. Tristyn Lee (@tristynleeofficial) – 2.2M followers
9. Shina Nova (@shinanova) – 2M followers
10. Sam Yang (@samdoesarts) – 2M followers
11. Veronica Black (@missveronikablack) – 2M followers
12. Mei Pang (@meicrosoft) – 1.9M followers
13. Arjun Triangle (@aj666___) – 1.9M followers
14. Faycal Mignon (@faycal_mignon_officiel) – 1.9M followers
15. Nati Perea (@abordonati) – 1.8M followers
Top 10 TikTok influencers in Canada
1. Kris (@kallmekris) – 49M followers
2. CelinaSpookyBoo (@celinaspookyboo) – 27M followers
3. LeendaDong (@yoleendadong) – 17.7M followers
4. Jake (@jakeandrich) – 15.2M followers
5. Sky & Tami (@skyandtami) – 14.7M followers
6. SJ (@sjbleau) – 14.1M followers
7. Ricky Berwick (@therickyberwick) – 14M followers
8. Luke Davidson (@lukedavidson_) – 13.9M followers
9. David Beck (@davidbeck) – 12.4M followers
10. Eh Bee family (@ehbeefamily) – 12.4M followers
📝 Your guide to finding Canada-based influencers
In general, there are three ways to find influencers: searching on Google or other search engines, searching manually on social media, or using an influencer search tool. Here are some tips for all the approaches!
1. Searching for influencers on Google
The simplest way to find influencers is by searching on Google – if you’re reading this article, you probably already did that! The more specific you are with your keywords, the more accurate bloggers you will find. For example, you can search for keywords like “beauty influencers in Canada”, “micro-influencers in Canada” or “top Canadian influencers”.
2. Manually finding Canadian influencers on Instagram
The easiest way to find influencers on Instagram is by searching manually, using relevant keywords and hashtags. Here are some hashtag ideas that you could check when trying to find relevant bloggers.
▸ #canadianinfluencer and #canadianinfluencers
▸ hashtags containing cities – such as #torontoinfluencer
▸ name of the country, such as #canada and #canadian
You can also search by location. For example, you can check Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, and other bigger cities. Also, popular bars, cafeterias, restaurants, and other places influencers go to.
Once you’ve found an influencer that you’d like to work with, you can easily find similar profiles. For that, click on the little 🔽 button next to the “Message” button on their profile when on mobile or the little arrow button next to “Follow” when on desktop. That way, you will see a list of similar influencers you might want to work with!
Similar Instagram users to @stylinbyaylin
2. Using influencer search tools
As finding fashion bloggers manually on Instagram is very time-consuming, we recommend using influencer search tools that are way faster and more precise.
Promoty is one of them: we have a global database of TikTok and Instagram influencers that you can filter by influencers’ location, social media data, audience demographics, interests, and other criteria.
Searching for Canada-based creators on Promoty Discovery
If you’re searching for Canada-based influencers, you can set the influencer’s location to Canada. If you’re searching for influencers with a Canadian audience, you can filter our global database by the influencer’s audience. This way, you’ll find influencers whose following matches your target group!
If you’re looking for niche influencers, you can use the “Interest” filter to find influencers in a specific field, the “Bio” filter to find creators with a specific word mentioned in their bio, and “mentions” to identify influencers who have mentioned specific Instagram accounts.
Create a free account and try it out yourself! 👇🏼
For every influencer, you can also see their engagement rate, average likes, audience demographics (age, location, gender), brand affinity, most-used hashtags, followers’ credibility, previous collabs, followers’ growth over time, similar profiles, and much more. That helps you to find exactly the right influencers for your brand 🤍
Influencer profile analytics on Promotu (try it out free)
Summary: the best ways to find Canadian influencers
In general, there are 3 ways to find creators for your influencer marketing campaigns: searching on Google, searching manually on social media channels, or using an influencer search engine that allows you to find suitable influencers in minutes.
We obviously recommend the second option: you could save hours of time and find exactly the right influencers for your brand. Create a free account and try it yourself! 👇🏼