Influencer marketing has been growing rapidly in recent years. As the industry continues to evolve, there are several trends that brands, influencers, and digital marketing agencies should be aware of to stay ahead of the curve.
In this article, we will explore the future of influencer marketing, focusing on the rise of paid subscriptions, the growing importance of long-term partnerships, and the emergence of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) as a new revenue stream for influencers.
1. Paid influencer subscriptions
One of the most impactful trends in the influencer marketing industry is the rise of paid subscriptions as a revenue stream for influencers. With the growth of platforms like OnlyFans, TikTok, and Instagram, influencers are finding new ways to monetize their content and build deeper relationships with their fans.
By offering exclusive content and access to their personal lives, influencers can create a sense of community and deepen their connection with their followers.
Paid subscriptions can take many forms, from subscription-based video platforms to exclusive social media groups, from offering exclusive merchandise or one-on-one coaching sessions.
Currently, Instagram Paid Subscriptions are only eligible for US-based creators with at least 10,000 followers – but once it will be released outside the US, it will dramatically change the landscape of influencer marketing as influencers are becoming more financially independent.
Benefits of influencer subscriptions
• A stable revenue stream: Paid subscriptions can provide a reliable source of income that is not dependent on the fluctuations of the advertising market.
• Stronger relationships with fans: By offering exclusive content and access to their personal lives, influencers can create a sense of community and build stronger connections with their followers.
• Fans getting exclusive access to content and experiences they can’t get anywhere else.
Exclusive content on Instagram (source: embedsocial.com)
2. Focus on the long-term influencer relationships
One trend likely to continue is the move toward authenticity. Brands increasingly recognize the value of long-term collaborations with their most dedicated fans, who are often more invested in the brand and more likely to create content that resonates with their audience.
Considering the rise of influencer subscriptions, building strong influencer relationships becomes especially important: influencers who have their own stable revenue streams, are less likely to accept “random” one-off collaborations.
Benefits of long-term influencer relationships
The long-term approach has several benefits for brands, influencers, and digital marketing agencies:
• Long-term collaborations feel more trustworthy and generate more touchpoints with potential customers – which
• Authentic collaborations can lead to more effective marketing campaigns, higher engagement rates, and thus, better impact on sales.
• By working with influencers who are truly passionate about their products or services, brands get genuine and relatable user-generated content that can be re-used on their social media.
• For influencers, long-term collaborations can provide a stable source of income and the opportunity to build deeper relationships with their fans.
3. Influencers launching their own NFT-s
One of the most exciting trends in the influencer marketing space is the use of non-fungible tokens (NFTs). NFTs are unique digital assets representing anything from artwork to videos, and influencers are already using them to monetize their content in new ways.
By creating and selling NFTs, influencers can give their fans a way to own a piece of their content, and they can also earn a return on their investment by selling these tokens in the secondary market.
NFTs can be used in a variety of ways in influencer marketing, including:
• Selling digital artworks or videos as collectible items
• Creating virtual merchandise or virtual real estate
• Offering exclusive experiences such as virtual meet-and-greets or concert tickets
🤍 Benefits of NFT-s for influencers:
• Creating new revenue streams: By selling NFTs, influencers can earn money from their content beyond traditional advertising or sponsored posts.
• Giving fans a way to own a piece of their content: NFTs can create a sense of ownership and connection for fans, who can collect and trade the tokens to show their support for the influencer.
However, there are also potential challenges for influencers when it comes to NFTs, such as:
• The lack of mainstream understanding and acceptance of the technology
• The potential for fraud and security issues in the NFT market
Digital collectibles on Instagram (source: fb.com)
The future of influencer marketing lies in paid subscriptions, long-term partnerships, and new sources of revenue and community building, which are key trends that brands and influencers should consider.
Paid subscriptions are a new revenue stream for influencers, allowing them to offer exclusive content and access to their personal lives, creating a sense of community and deeper relationships with their fans.
As influencers are becoming financially more independent from brands, brands need to focus on long-term collaborations and strong influencer partnerships. Authenticity in influencer marketing is important as brands recognize the value of long-term collaborations with their most dedicated fans, which can lead to more effective marketing campaigns and a higher impact on sales.
Finally, NFTs on Instagram might become a new way for influencers to monetize their content, creating new revenue streams and allowing fans to own a piece. Let’s see what the future brings!